All Desert VegFest vendors and exhibitors are required to review these guidelines as a pre-condition of participating in Desert VegFest.
● All items sold, sampled, and otherwise distributed at Desert VegFest must be vegan (no meat, eggs, dairy, fish, honey, whey, isinglass, wool, leather, shells, or any other animal-derived products).
● All products must be cruelty-free (not tested on animals).
● Literature or other promotional materials at the event may not include recipes, suggestions, or references to using animal-derived ingredients and/or products. In addition, promotion of events or services that include the abuse or exploitation of animals (circuses, rodeos, zoos, etc.) is also prohibited.
● Desert VegFest reserves the right to exclude any items that are inappropriate. If you have inappropriate products at your booth, Desert VegFest volunteers will ask you remove them immediately.
● If you have any questions about any of the above “vegan” requirements, please get in touch with the Desert VegFest organizers.
● Desert VegFest is an event for everyone in our community. Any leaflets, signage, materials, or conduct that the organizers deem to be sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise unwelcoming is subject to penalty, up to booth closure or refused entrance in future Desert VegFests.
● Music, recordings, or other audio must not interfere with neighboring booths.
● Exhibitors are responsible for setting up their booths
● Exhibitors are not allowed to sell or distribute alcoholic beverages.
● All exhibitors agree to give permission for Desert VegFest volunteers to take and publish photos and videos during the event of staff, volunteers, and displays.
● Desert VegFest will happen rain or shine! Should extreme weather or any other unpredictable event outside of the organizer’s control prevent the holding of the festival, Desert VegFest is in no way liable to exhibitors.
● Exhibitor agrees to promote their attendance at the festival.
● In order to make the event as green as possible, all plates, utensils, and other containers for serving food and samples must be recyclable or compostable.
● Exhibitors must be completely set up by 9:45am.
● Every exhibitor is provided a 10ft x 10ft area. (uNLESS DISCUSSED OTHERWISE BEFOREHAND) Tents will not be provided by Desert VegFest
● Tables and chairs WILL NOT BE PROVIDED. BRING YOUR OWN
● We suggest you bring a generator for any of your electricity needs. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ELECTRICITY
● Booths must stay up and staffed for the entirety of the event.
● Exhibitors are responsible for setting up and breaking down their exhibits.
● As most booth space will be on cement, exhibitors bringing their own tent/canopy are required to secure it with proper weights (water weights, cement blocks, etc.) for the safety of all attendees. No staking allowed.
● Table sharing with other businesses is not allowed.
● Desert VegFest will assign location space at our own discretion.
● Exhibitors must have easily visible signage that identifies the organization/business for their booth.
● Exhibitors are responsible for their property and equipment. Neither Desert VegFest, CSUSB PDC, or any other organizing party is responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to exhibitor property on the grounds at any time.
● Exhibitors can start breaking down at 4:00pm.
Rates and information
Non-Profit Exhibitors FREE
● Non-profit exhibitors are welcome to sell (non-food) products and merchandise.
● Must provide proof of 501(c)3 status.
Commercial Exhibitors $100
● Commercial exhibitors include any exhibitor looking to sell non-food products or services.
● Encouraged to provide product samples if appropriate.
● Preference will be given to commercial exhibitors selling products that are an alternative to animal products (cruelty-free cosmetics, vegan clothing, etc.)
Food Vendors $200
● If you are providing pre-packaged food that was prepared in a commercial kitchen in advance of the event, you are considered a food vendor.
● any vendor making food outside of the festival must provide a kitchen letter
● Bakery vendors can be considered prepared food vendors if they store whole pastries in a display case and put them into to-go containers on site, so long as proper means of sanitation are used (ex. thongs to avoid touching pastries).
● Food vendors are encouraged to bring free samples. We anticipate 2,000+ attendees, so we encourage vendors to plan accordingly.
Restaurant Vendors $200
● If you will be preparing food on-site, you are considered a restaurant vendor.
● ● any vendor making food outside of the festival must provide a kitchen letter
○ As per the Temporary food permit, Food Vendors must abide by these guidelines
○ Restaurant Vendors are responsible for their own proper refrigeration.
○ Restaurant Vendors must supply their own hand wash station.
○ Violation of rules set by the Temporary Food Permit will result in immediate closure of booth without refund.